Lentil And Lamb Soup
- 1 pound lean boneless lamb, fat trimmed
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups water
- 1 14.5-ounce can tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup lentils, rinsed and drained
- Cut lamb into 1-inch pieces.
- Spray a Dutch oven with nonstick spray and preheat over medium heat.
- Add half of the lamb and cook until brown.
- Remove lamb from Dutch oven.
- Repeat with remaining lamb and onion.
- Return all lamb to Dutch oven.
- Add the remaining ingredients except lentils and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add lentils and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.