Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- small handful parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, bring the stock to a boil.
- Add the orzo, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- While that's cooking, crack eggs eggs into a bowl and whisk in the lemon juice.
- Using a ladle, scoop out some hot broth and pour a small stream into the egg mixture while whisking.
- Add as much hot stock as it takes to really warm up the eggs so they won't scramble in the soup.
- Stir the egg mixture into soup and cook for another 2 or 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.