- 3 tablespoons ghee or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida (optional)
- 1 medium lauki or zucchini, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, for garnish
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, warm the ghee or olive oil.
- Once the ghee melts, add the cumin seeds and cook, for 1 minute max.
- Swirl the turmeric into the oil, then the asafetida (if using).
- Add the lauki and salt and toss to coat the lauki with the spices.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the skillet, cover, and cook, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice and garnish with the cilantro before serving.