- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 48 ounces marinara sauce
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 18 lasagna noodles, broken in half
- Chopped basil for serving (optional)
- Season Italian sausage and ground beef with salt and pepper and cook in a skillet over medium-high.
- Remove from heat and stir in marinara sauce, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, mozzarella.
- Pour 2 cups of the meat mixture into the slow cooker.
- Top with a third of the broken lasagna noodles and 1/2 of the ricotta mixture.
- Repeat the layers one time.
- Top with remaining noodles and sauce, with sauce on top.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Garnish with basil.