Lamb Stew With Pasta
- 1 pound lamb or beef stew meat
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup snipped dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 9-ounce package frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 3/4 cup dried medium bow tie pasta
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- In a large saucepan cook lamb and onion in hot oil until the meat is brown.
- Stir in the water, dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer, covered, 45 minutes (1 1/4 hours for beef).
- Stir in remaining ingredients except tomato sauce.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce and heat through.