- 2 pounds lean boneless lamb
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cubed, peeled potatoes
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt (optional)
- Trim fat from meat.
- Cut meat into 1-inch pieces.
- In a bowl combine meat, garam masala, salt, and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Place potatoes in a slow cooker.
- Add seasoned meat.
- Pour undrained tomatoes and the water over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Top each serving with yogurt.