Kale, Sweet Potato And Goat Cheese Frittata
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup finely diced, peeled sweet potato
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen chopped kale
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream or creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a 9-inch cast-iron or other oven-safe skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sweet potato and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and kale and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, until kale wilts and garlic is translucent.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream and parsley; stir in the goat cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over potatoes and kale, shaking the pan to help the eggs evenly distribute around the vegetables.
- Cook the frittata, without stirring, until the edges begin to set, about 3 minutes.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the frittata is set.
- Turn the oven to broil and cook for 1 more minute, or until the frittata is golden brown.