Kale, Beef, And White Bean Stew
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak
- 1 14.5-ounce can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 14.5-ounce can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 7 cups chopped, trimmed kale (1 bunch)
- 2 15-ounce cans no-salt-added cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Trim fat from meat.
- Cut meat into 1-inch pieces.
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except kale, beans and vinegar.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- If using low setting, turn to high setting.
- Stir in kale and beans.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar.