Italian Wild Rice Soup
- 1 pound ground pork
- 4 cups water
- 2 14.5-ounce cans reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 9-ounce package spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Drain fat.
- In a slow cooker combine cooked pork and all remaining ingredients except spinach and cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Top each serving with cheese.
- Stir spinach into soup.