Indonesian Chicken And Soba Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or peanut oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage or napa cabbage
- 1 cup peeled and diced sweet potato (1 small)
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breast, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup snipped cilantro
- 8 ounces whole-grain soba or udon noodles, cooked according to package directions
- Chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts (optional)
- In a saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and ginger and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cabbage, sweet potato, and celery and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes.
- Simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and lime juice.
- Just before serving, stir in green onion and cilantro.
- Serve soup over soba noodles and garnish with peanuts.