Indian-Ish English Breakfast Baked Beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 small Indian green chile or serrano chile, finely chopped
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 14-ounce can vegetarian baked beans
- 1 tablespoon chaat masala
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the cumin seeds and cook, for 1 minute max.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion and chile.
- Spread them in an even layer in the pan and cook, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and saute, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the baked beans, chaat masala, and cilantro and mix well.