Hummus With Pita
- 2 medium garlic cloves, or more to taste
- 2 cups cooked or drained canned chickpeas
- 1/2 cup tahini, or to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or more as needed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon paprika or cumin, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- 8 small or 4 large pitas, cut into triangles or torn into large pieces
- Put the garlic in a food processor or blender and pulse the machine until the cloves are chopped up a bit.
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, oil, lemon juice, and paprika and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Turn on the machine and let it run, adding the chickpea cooking liquid or more oil - 1 tablespoon at a time - until smooth.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning and pulse the machine a few times to combine.
- Serve, drizzled with another tablespoon of oil, and sprinkled with a pinch of paprika and the parsley.
- Serve with the pita.