- 3 ripe red tomatoes, cored, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 2 cucumbers, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 orange sweet peppers, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Ice cubes
- Lime wedges and green onions (optional)
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers, chile pepper, and garlic.
- Transfer the tomato mixture, half at a time, to a food processor.
- Cover and process with several on/off pulses to get large chunks.
- Return mixture to the food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients except ice, lime wedges and green onions.
- Cover and process with several on/off pulses until the mixture is a little chunky.
- Season to taste with additional sea salt.
- To serve, place 2 or 3 ice cubes in each of four bowls.
- Ladle soup over ice.
- Serve with lime wedges and green onions.