- 1 small bunch fresh parsley or dill or a combination
- 2 cups sour cream or yogurt
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- About 6 cups food for dipping, like cut-up raw or cooked vegetables or crackers, chips, or breadsticks
- Strip the herb leaves from their thickest stems by pulling or snipping them free with scissors.
- Chop the leaves to get at least 1/2 cup chopped herbs; use more for a stronger flavor.
- Save the rest for another use.
- Whisk together the sour cream, scallions, lemon juice, herbs, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve right away with vegetables, crackers, chips, or breadsticks, or cover and refrigerate for up to a day.