Hawaiian Pizza Muffins
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup diced ham
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup diced pineapple
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, oregano, garlic powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then whisk in the milk and oil until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and stir just until well combined.
- Stir in the ham, cheese, pineapple and basil.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin liners.
- Spoon 1 tsp pizza sauce over each muffin, and then sprinkle with additional mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool.