- 1 pound dried small red beans, rinsed
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 28 ounce canned diced tomatoes
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Soak beans in 6-8 cups cold water overnight.
- Drain and rinse.
- Brown ground beef and onions over medium heat.
- Drain fat.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and slow cook for 4-5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.