- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green sweet pepper (1 small)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 14- to 16-ounce package desired frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup peeled and cubed potato
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan cook ground beef, onion, sweet pepper, and garlic over medium-high heat until meat is brown, breaking up meat as it cooks.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer, covered, 15 minutes.