Guacamole And Chips
- 2 large or 3 medium avocados
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium fresh hot green chile, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- 6 to 8 cups tortilla chips
- Cut each avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Scoop out the flesh from both halves and put it in a bowl.
- Add the onion, chile, garlic, chili powder, lime juice, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Mash the mixture or potato masher.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with the cilantro and serve immediately with a bowl of tortilla chips.