Grilled Or Broiled Boneless Chicken
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 or 2 lemons, quartered, for serving, optional
- Prepare a grill or turn on the broiler; medium-high and the rack 4 inches from the heat source.
- If the thickness of the breasts is noticeably uneven, put each between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound each breast to uniform thickness; blot them dry with paper towels.
- Put the chicken in a pan or on a plate, toss with the oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Do the same on a baking sheet.
- Put the chicken directly on the grill grates or in the pan under the broiler and cook until the side facing the heat browns, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn and repeat on the other side.
- To check for doneness, cut into a piece; the center should be white or ever so slightly pink.
- Serve right away or at room temperature, with lemon.