Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 ounces melting cheese, like cheddar or Gruyere
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Slice or grate the cheese.
- Put the cheese in an even layer between the bread slices, up to 1/4 inch from the edges.
- Put the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- When the butter melts, swirl the pan to spread it around a bit and put the sandwich in the skillet.
- Cook until the bottom of the sandwich is lightly browned and the cheese begins to melt, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the sandwich over and cook until the second side is also lightly browned and the cheese is fully melted, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Cut in half and eat.