Green Bean Soup
- 2 14-ounce cans vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound thin green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces (3 to 3 1/2 cups)
- In a saucepan bring broth, onion, and vanilla bean to boiling.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Discard vanilla bean.
- In a bowl stir together butter and flour.
- Whisk into broth mixture.
- Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Add beans to broth mixture.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 to 7 minutes.