Granola And Muesli
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews, etc.)
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup, or more to taste
- 1 cup raisins or chopped dried fruit
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, cinnamon, and salt.
- For muesli, sprinkle the oat mixture with the brown sugar; for granola, drizzle it with honey or syrup.
- Toss to distribute the sweetener.
- For muesli, add the raisins.
- For granola, spread the mixture evenly on a baking sheet and put in the oven.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure the granola is toasting evenly.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the raisins.
- Stir the granola once in a while until cool to keep it from burning in spots.
- Spoon the granola - or muesli - into a sealed container and store in the refrigerator.