Gingered Pork And Cabbage Soup
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces boneless pork sirloin, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup dried anelli pasta or other small pasta
- 4 cups thinly sliced Chinese cabbage
- 1/4 cup snipped mint
- In a medium saucepan boil broth.
- Meanwhile, trim fat from pork.
- Cut pork into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a large saucepan cook pork, onion, garlic, and ginger in hot oil until pork is brown.
- Add hot broth.
- Bring to boiling.
- Stir in tomato and carrot.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in pasta.
- Cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in sliced Chinese cabbage and mint.