- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the butter or oil in a skillet, over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted or the oil is hot, swirl it around the pan until the bottom is coated.
- After a minute, when the foam from the butter subsides or the oil shimmers, crack the eggs into the skillet.
- As soon as the whites lose their translucence, turn the heat to low and sprinkle the eggs with salt and pepper.
- The eggs are done when the whites are completely firm and opaque, even around the yolk.
- Lift them out of the pan, don't break the yolks, and eat them right away.