Fresh Tomato Salsa
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 medium white onion, chopped, or 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 or 2 fresh hot green chiles, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the core from a tomato, then quarter them and chop the wedges into small chunks.
- Scrape the pieces and all the juice on the cutting board into a bowl.
- Repeat with the remaining tomatoes.
- Add the onion, chile, garlic, cilantro, and lime juice to the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then taste and adjust the seasoning.