Five-Spice Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 green onions, thinly bias-sliced
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups chopped bok choy
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 ounces dried somen noodles, broken into 2-inch lengths, or 2 ounces dried fine noodles
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- Combine the water, broth, green onions, soy sauce, garlic, five-spice powder, and ginger.
- Bring to boiling.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except chicken.
- Return to boiling and reduce heat.
- Boil gently, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked chicken.
- Heat through.