Farmers Market Vegetable Soup
- 1/2 of a small rutabaga, peeled and chopped (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped carrot or parsnip
- 1 large red-skinned potato, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped leek (2 medium)
- 3 14-ounce cans vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dried bow tie pasta
- 3 cups torn spinach
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients up to pasta.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or on high for 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Stir cooked pasta and spinach into soup mixture.