- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon wheat germ
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Salted butter, at room temperature, for serving
- Warm a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Combine the Bisquick, flaxseed, and wheat germ in a measuring cup.
- Add the milk.
- Fold in the chocolate chips (if using).
- Pour the batter into the preheated pan in a large, round circle.
- Once bubbles form on the pancake, anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes, use a wide spatula to flip it over and cook, 1 to 3 minutes more.
- Flip so both sides are golden brown.
- Don't press down on the pancake.
- Just before the pancake is finished cooking, spread some butter across the top then transfer to a plate.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm, with more butter.