Egg Drop Soup
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or more to taste
- 4 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- Put the stock and soy sauce in a pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Beat the eggs with a sprinkle of salt and pepper until well combined.
- When the stock is boiling, adjust the heat so that it bubbles, not furiously.
- Pour the eggs into the stock in a slow stream, stirring constantly.
- Scramble softly but don't clump, so it's important to keep stirring until the eggs are cooked, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the scallions and sesame oil, then taste and adjust the seasoning with more salt, pepper, soy sauce, or sesame oil.
- Serve, garnished with the cilantro.