Easy Ratatouille With Chickpeas
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cups green zucchini cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups yellow zucchini cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup eggplant cut into 1/4-inch slices and each slice cut into quarters
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a roasting pan, stir together the tomatoes with their juice, chickpeas, garlic, onion, vinegar, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange sliced vegetables in rows over the tomato mixture, alternating green and yellow zucchini, eggplant and red pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the oven and dot with goat cheese.
- Serve as is or over pearl couscous or polenta.