Easy Chicken And Dumplings
- 1 2- to 2 1/2-pound deli-roasted chicken
- 1 16-ounce package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 10.75-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 11.5-ounce package refrigerated corn bread twists
- Remove string from chicken, if present.
- Discard skin from chicken.
- Remove meat from bones.
- Chop or shred chicken (you should have 3 1/2 to 4 cups chopped chicken).
- In a saucepan stir together chicken with remaining ingredients (except bread).
- Simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove corn bread twists from package.
- Cut along perforations.
- Lay twists on a baking sheet.
- Roll 2 twists together to make a spiral.
- Repeat with remaining twists.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Spoon chicken mixture into bowls.
- Top each serving with corn bread spirals.