Dilled Buttermilk-Pea Soup
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups shelled peas or one 10-ounce package frozen peas
- 1 cup torn spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon snipped dill or savory or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill or savory, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Dill sprigs with flowers (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except buttermilk and dill.
- Simmer, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes for peas (5 to 6 minutes for frozen peas).
- Cool mixture slightly.
- Transfer pea mixture, half at a time, to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return pureed mixture to saucepan.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Heat through.
- Garnish with dill sprigs.