- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika or chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- When ready to make the deviled eggs, crack the shells on all sides and peel; cut the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks.
- Combine the yolks with a sprinkle of salt, the mayonnaise, mustard, and cayenne in a bowl and mash the mixture until smooth.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more mustard and cayenne.
- Carefully spoon the filling back into the whites.
- Sprinkle the tops with paprika and serve or cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to a day.