Dalia (Savory Bulgur Wheat Bowl)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ajwain seeds
- 3 small Indian green chiles or serrano chiles, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup dry bulgur wheat
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- In a pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, warm the oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the ajwain seeds and cook, no longer than 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the chiles and ginger.
- Return the pot to medium-high heat, add the frozen vegetables, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the bulgur wheat, salt, and 2 cups water.
- Increase the heat to high and bring the water to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the dalia rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and fluff.
- Taste and adjust the salt if needed before serving.