Curried Shrimp And Coconut Soup
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen peeled and deveined small shrimp
- 2 14-ounce cans chicken broth
- 4 ounces dried angel-hair pasta or vermicelli, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Sliced green onion or snipped chives
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry.
- In a saucepan bring broth to boiling.
- Add pasta and curry powder.
- Return to boiling.
- Boil gently for 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk.
- Heat through.
- Sprinkle each serving with green onion.