Curried Chickpea Salad
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, or more to taste
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, or more to taste
- 4 cups cooked or drained canned chickpeas
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine the lime juice, curry powder, scallions, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Add the chickpeas, bell pepper, and peas to the bowl and toss until everything is coated with dressing, adding more coconut milk 1 tablespoon at a time if the salad seems dry.
- Let the salad sit for at least 30 minutes, stirring once or twice to distribute the dressing.
- When ready to eat, stir in the cilantro.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning and moisture, adding more lime juice, coconut milk, or curry powder.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.