Curried Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons green or red Thai curry paste
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (10 ounces total)
- 1 5-ounce package dried Japanese curly wheat-flour noodles or angel hair pasta
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled sweet potato
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
- Combine broth and curry paste.
- Cover and bring to boiling.
- Meanwhile, slice chicken breasts crosswise into 1/4-inch strips.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and set aside.
- Add noodles, sweet potato, and tomato to broth mixture.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2 minutes, stirring once to break up noodles.
- Add chicken.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Stir in coconut milk.
- Top each serving with cilantro.