Cuban Seafood Stew
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 medium Roma or plum tomatoes, diced
- 12 small new potatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth or fish stock
- 1 pound cod, 2 half pound filets, halved
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Toppings (optional) - lime wedges, cilantro
- Cook onion in olive oil coated pan over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add green pepper and cook another 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, cumin, oregano and salt and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to slow cooker.
- Mix in bay leaves, tomatoes, potatoes and tomato paste.
- Stir in chicken broth or fish stock.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Submerge fish and shrimp under liquid and cook for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.