Crudites With Warm Olive Oil Dip
- 3 to 4 pounds assorted raw vegetables, like carrots, cucumbers, radishes, bell peppers, and celery
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the vegetables by trimming, coring, peeling, or removing seeds as necessary.
- Cut them lengthwise into sticks or crosswise into coins or slices for dipping.
- Put the vegetables in bowls or on a platter.
- Cover the vegetables with clean damp towels and refrigerate them for up to a few hours.
- Put the oil, garlic, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper in a saucepan over low heat.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the oil is warm and fragrant and the garlic puffs and turns golden but not brown, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve the oil warm alongside the vegetables.