Creamy Tomato And Shrimp Chowder
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen peeled, cooked medium shrimp with tails
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup water
- Ground black pepper
- Slivered basil (optional)
- Sliced bread (optional)
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen.
- In a large saucepan heat oil over medium heat.
- Add celery and onion and cook and stir just until tender.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes.
- Heat through.
- Stir in shrimp, cream, and the water.
- Cook over medium heat just until heated through.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Garnish each serving with basil and serve with sliced bread.