Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2/3 cup sliced leek (2 medium)
- 2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons snipped thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 8-ounce carton light sour cream
- Tiny sprigs thyme (optional)
- In a saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add leek and cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in broth, pumpkin, dried thyme (if using), and pepper.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes and cool slightly.
- Stir in snipped thyme (if using).
- Transfer mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return pureed mixture to saucepan.
- Heat through.
- Stir in half of the sour cream.
- Swirl each serving with remaining sour cream.
- Garnish with thyme sprigs.