Creamy Potato And Asparagus Soup
- 1 1/4 pounds asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 1/4 pounds potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Set aside one-third of the asparagus.
- In a saucepan combine remaining asparagus and all other ingredients except bacon and honey.
- Simmer, covered, 10 minutes and cool slightly.
- Transfer potato mixture, half at a time, to a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon.
- Drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- Add the reserved asparagus to the reserved drippings and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Coarsely chop bacon.
- Place on a plate.
- Drizzle bacon with honey.
- Cover with vented plastic wrap.
- Before serving, microwave bacon on 100 percent power (high) for 30 seconds.
- Top each serving with cooked asparagus and honeyed bacon.