Creamy Ham And Potato Chowder
- 12 ounces tiny yellow potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 14.5-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup diced cooked lean ham
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1 cup broccoli florets, steamed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (1 ounce)
- 2 teaspoons snipped thyme
- In a slow cooker combine potatoes and onion.
- Pour broth over all.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- In a bowl combine cornstarch, dried thyme, and pepper.
- Whisk in evaporated milk.
- Slowly stir the cornstarch mixture, ham, and carrot into the hot soup.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes, stirring the soup occasionally.
- Top each serving with broccoli, cheese, and thyme.