Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 32-ounce container reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrot
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), cut up
- 2 cups dried egg noodles
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except cream cheese and egg noodles.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- If using low setting, turn cooker to high setting.
- Stir in cream cheese until combined.
- Stir in uncooked noodles.
- Cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes more.