Creamy Carrot And Pasta Soup
- 2 14-ounce cans chicken broth (3 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups sliced carrot
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 8 ounces dried tricolor radiatore or rotini
- 1 1/2 cups milk or one 12-ounce can evaporated skim milk
- Chives (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except pasta, milk and chives.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Transfer vegetable mixture, one-fourth at a time, to a food processor.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Return pureed mixture to saucepan.
- Stir in pasta and milk.
- Heat through.
- Garnish each serving with chives.