Creamy Butternut Squash-Shrimp Curry Soup
- 8 cups cubed butternut squash (3 1/2 pounds)
- 2 14.5-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 12-ounce can (1 1/2 cups) evaporated fat-free milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp, halved lengthwise
- Water (optional)
- In a slow cooker combine squash, broth, butter, and salt.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir evaporated milk and curry paste into mixture in cooker.
- Blend soup using an immersion blender.
- Stir in shrimp.
- If using low setting, turn cooker to high setting.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes.
- To serve thin soup with a little water.