- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 3/4 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1 14.5-ounce can vegetable broth
- 1 14-ounce can unsweetened light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons snipped cilantro or parsley
- In a saucepan cook carrot, sweet pepper, and onion in hot oil over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Stir together remaining ingredients except cilantro in a bowl.
- Stir pumpkin mixture into carrot mixture.
- Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Before serving, stir in cilantro.