- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 15- to 19-ounce can cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Hot cooked jasmine rice
- Basil leaves
- Sliced jalapeno peppers (optional)
- In a saucepan cook chicken, onion, chili powder, ginger, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in hot oil over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in coconut milk, peanut butter, and the water.
- Bring to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans, carrot, celery, green onion, garlic, and chopped basil.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
- Top each serving with basil leaves and chile pepper.