- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast
- 2 1/2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped carrot
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped apple
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 cups apple juice or apple cider
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Celery leaves (optional)
- Cut meat into 1-inch cubes.
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except celery leaves.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Garnish each serving with celery leaves.