Chunky Fish Soup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted white fish, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons snipped Italian parsley
- 6 slices country-style bread, toasted
- In a Dutch oven cook onion, celery, carrot, and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat 5 minutes.
- Add broth and undrained tomatoes.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in fish.
- Simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley.
- Serve with toasted bread.